As a customer using any Internet services, there are times when you may need to return the provider’s equipment. In this article, we’ll guide you through how to return Xfinity equipment efficiently and swiftly.
Why You Might Need to Return Xfinity Equipment
There are several reasons why you might need to return your Xfinity equipment:
- Moving: If you’re relocating to a new place where Xfinity services are not available, you’ll need to return your equipment.
- Upgrading Devices: When you decide to upgrade your device, you’ll need to return the old one.
- Canceling a Service: If you’re canceling a service, you’ll need to return any rented equipment associated with that service.
If you’re having trouble understanding the status of your Xfinity modem, our guide on Xfinity Modem Lights can help you interpret what each light means.
Before returning your Xfinity router, you might want to ensure that you’ve explored all its features. For instance, did you know about the WPS button on your router? Learn more about it in our article about the WPS Button on Xfinity Router.
Understanding Your Return Options for Xfinity Modem
Xfinity provides three main options for returning your equipment:
- Online with a Prepaid UPS Shipping Label: You can initiate your return online and send your equipment back with a prepaid UPS shipping label.
- Xfinity Retail Store: You can return your equipment directly to an Xfinity retail store.
- UPS Store: You can return your equipment at any UPS store.
How to return Xfinity Equipment – Detailed Step-by-Step Guide to Each Return Option
Online using the Internet with a Prepaid UPS Shipping Label
- Login to your Xfinity account portal using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Navigate to the Comcast equipment return page.
- Choose the device you want to return and click continue.
- On the next page, choose UPS prepaid, print the shipping label, and click confirm.
- Pack all the devices, including the power cords, in the box they came in and stick the label on the box.
- Call 800-PICK-UPS to schedule the pickup at your home using the tracking number on the label.
- Once picked up, you can track the return status here. The return may take a week or two to reflect on your account.
Drop Off at UPS Store
- Find the nearby Xfinity drop-off locations by inputting your Pincode.
- You can take the packed box with a shipping label or just the equipment to be returned to the local ups store.
- A UPS representative will prepare your return to Xfinity at no charge.
- Keep the physical receipt to track the status of your return.
Submit In-Person at Xfinity Store
- Visit this link and enter your postal code to find the Xfinity stores near you to return.
- Visit the store with the device you intend to return.
- The Xfinity executive will collect your device and provide you with a receipt confirming the return.
- There is no waiting period for the return to reflect, and the device will be immediately removed from your account.
What Equipment Should You Return to Xfinity?
- Internet users: Return the gateway, the power adapter or charging cable, HDMI and Ethernet cables, and accessories.
- Voice bundle customers: Return the voice phone with its base and power adapter.
- TV users: Return the TV box, power cords, and remote controls.
- Security subscribers: Return the respective cameras and doorbells.
- Mobile users: Return the smartphones and charging cables.
- For Xfinity xFi, complete users: Return the supplied gateway and xFi pods.
When packing your Xfinity equipment for return, make sure you include all the necessary cables. If you’re unsure about the differences between Ethernet cables, check out our comprehensive guide on Cat 5 vs Cat 5e vs Cat 6 vs Cat 6a vs Cat 7 vs Cat 8 Ethernet Cables.
How Long Do You Have To Return the Comcast Equipment?
Irrespective of the type of service you are using, you’ll have 10 days to return the Comcast Xfinity equipment after the cancellation of the service. For an Xfinity mobile user, you’ll have 14 days to return the smartphone. Make sure to pack the equipment or smartphone in a sturdy shipping box to avoid any damage during transit.
Xfinity Unreturned Equipment Fee & What Happens If You Don’t Return?
You will be charged separately for every piece of equipment you fail to return. This will be generated every month and added to your bill after you miss the deadline. It’s a recurring fee if the account is active and a one-time fee if the account is closed.
The voice equipment is likely to be charged $15 a month. Failure to return the Xfinity TV box will cost you in the range of $10-15. If you fail to return your router gateway, you’ll incur charges ranging from $110-300, depending on the retail price of the device.
Failure to pay the fees will result in the case being sent to a collections agency, which will reflect on your credit score.
Once the returned equipment is stocked in their warehouse, the fees will be removed from the bill. While wrongly billed fees can be removed, refunds of rightful charges are.
Special Instructions for Different Types of Equipment
- xFi Pods: If you need to return or exchange xFi Pods, follow these specific instructions.
- Xfinity Cameras: If you need to return or exchange Xfinity Cameras, follow these instructions.
How to return Xfinity Equipment – Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Can’t print the prepaid UPS shipping label: If you’re unable to print the shipping label, try using a different browser or printer. If the issue persists, contact Xfinity customer service for assistance.
- Equipment not recognized in the Digital Return Center: If your equipment is not recognized in the Digital Return Center, ensure that you’re entering the correct serial number. If the issue persists, contact Xfinity customer service for assistance.
- Can’t find an Xfinity retail store or UPS store near you: If you can’t find a nearby location, contact Xfinity customer service for alternative return options.
In conclusion, returning the Xfinity equipment doesn’t have to be difficult. Follow the steps and links mentioned in this blog to ensure a stress-free return. Remember, if you encounter any issues, Xfinity customer service is always there to help.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What happens if I don't return my Xfinity equipment?
If you don’t return your Xfinity equipment, you may be charged an unreturned equipment fee. The exact amount can vary depending on the type and number of devices you have. To avoid this fee, make sure to use the prepaid shipping label provided by Xfinity to return your equipment.
How long do I have to return my Xfinity equipment?
You should return your Xfinity equipment as soon as possible after you have discontinued your service, upgraded your device, or moved to a new location. If you don’t return the equipment within the timeframe specified by Xfinity, you may be charged an unreturned equipment fee. To initiate the return process, visit the Xfinity website.
Can I return my Xfinity equipment in person?
Yes, you can return your Xfinity equipment in person at any Xfinity retail store or the UPS Store. If you choose to return at a UPS store, a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to Xfinity at no charge.
- How to Cancel Spectrum Internet, TV, Phone or Mobile? - February 22, 2024
- Can a WiFi Owner See What Sites I Visit on My Phone? - February 22, 2024
- Fix WiFi Not Working on iPhone But Working on Other Devices - February 22, 2024