How to Learn Networking Basics and Concepts in an Easy-to-Understand Language?
Learn about computer networking basics and concepts from a CCIE and an IT professional. These tutorials will provide you with a solid understanding of how networks work and how to use them.
Networking Basics and Concepts Chapters List
- Start here: Interview Questions for Network Engineers with Answers
- Chapter 1: What is the Definition of a Computer Network: Components, Uses, and Types
- Chapter 1.1: OSI Model and its 7 layers of Networking
- Chapter 1.2: OSI Model Cheat Sheet Infographic
- Chapter 1.3: What are the 4 layers of the TCP IP model in networking
- Chapter 1.4: Similarities and differences between TCP/IP vs OSI Model (with Cheatsheet PDF and Infographic)
- Chapter 1.5: IP Subnetting Explained
- Chapter 2: A Simple Guide to Ethernet Switch vs Hub vs Router and How They Work
- Chapter 3: What is Auto-Negotiation in Ethernet – with Infographic
- Chapter 4: What are VLANs and Private VLANs and How VLANs work
- Chapter 4.1: VLAN Tagged vs Untagged – What is the difference?
- Chapter 5: VLAN Trunking Protocol: What is VTP in Networking
- Chapter 6: What is an EtherChannel in Networking
- Chapter 6.1: What is Cisco vPC: Benefits, Components, Config & Best Practices
- Chapter 7: Spanning Tree Protocol Explained in detail
- Chapter 7.1: What is Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- Chapter 7.2: What is Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
- Chapter 7.3: Difference between Spanning Tree versions: MSTP vs RSTP vs STP vs PVSTP
- Chapter 8: What is Routing in Networking and How does Routing Work?
- I will add more chapters as I publish new posts.
Is there any pre-requisite for this Networking basics course?
A sane mind with an eagerness to learn new things, and that’s it.
How can I improve my understanding of the chapters?
Please read the chapter in their order, take notes, and ask questions by commenting on their respective chapters or emailing me.